Thursday, September 24, 2009

Rani has an action flick on her agenda

Hundreds of cheering fans welcomed actress Rani Mukerji at a newly-opened multiplex in Fatima Nagar on Wednesday.

The actor was in the city to promote her latest film that has her portraying the characters of a Punjabi girl and a youth all at the same time.

Addressing the media, Mukerji said, "I believe the film offers a paisa-vasool' experience to the audience which I think is very essential to establish an emotional connect with the audience.

I think we need to change with time and reinvent ourselves which is what I tried to do," she said. Mukerji plays a Punjabi girl in the film who pretends to be a Punjabi youth to get into the men's cricket team.

The film has Shahid Kapur playing the male lead. "Shahid and I would crack jokes very often on the sets. We are very similar people and we have the same kind of focus towards our respective careers," she said.

Speaking of the film, Mukerji said that while she did not have to do any research on how to play a Punjabi youth complete with a turban, the game of cricket did require some practice. "It was a game I have never played before so it took be about six months to learn how to play it. Interestingly, no one has commented on my cricketing skills so I assume I look effortless as a cricketer," she grinned.

Mukerji now wants to do an action flick since she believes that the preparation for the movie would involve learning a new craft. "I'm dying to do a film that has me doing some action and I would jump at any such opportunity offered to me," she said.

So was the outbreak of the H1N1 flu a worry before she came to the city? "I did not think of the H1N1 flu till I saw people wearing masks in the city. So I can safely say that I did not think of it," she smiled. She also said that she believed in focusing on one film at a time and so had not signed any more films. "Today, publicity and promotion of a film is very important. I give my 100 per cent to a film and I plan to continue doing that," she concluded.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Rani has an action flick on her agenda"

Post a Comment