Monday, July 16, 2012

My religion is music: Manasi Parekh


After doing fiction series "Gulaal", Mansi Parekh returns to the small screen as co-host of "Funtakshari". The actress says that she accepted the game show because she is passionate about music and likes variety in her work.

"My religion is music...I have hosted many shows like 'Idea Rocks India' on Colors and 'Rock the Dhunn' on Zee TV. I love music. I learned singing from childhood...acting and music has always been together." said Mansi who won the "Star Ya Rockstar".

"When I became the winner of 'Star Ya Rockstar', I was very happy because people knew me as an actor, but that day I became a singer also. I am also doing a musical play which opened last month in Globe Theater in London, " said Manasi, who is married to singer Parthiv Gohil.

When asked what will she prefer acting or singing, she told: "I would choose art and life. Acting and singing are a part of art. An actor has the name due to its work. I love to spread my thoughts to the public.

She mader her acting debut with "Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi", but became popular with "India Calling".

Manasi will co-host "Funtakshari" with Ali Asgar and the format will allow both - children and adults - to participate together in it.

"In the show, I am an anchor and my job is to extend the show, to give a form to the show and to entertain the audiences. I like to do different roles and I like variety in my roles, " she said.

"Not only the name, even the concept is full of fun. 'Funtakshri' is a game where family would participate. Nowadays, children are more into technology, Facebook and Twitter, but this game will let the children know about the antakshari, " she said adding that "antakshari was the game" that their "ancestors" used to play do during their free time.

There will be three rounds in the show.

"I think, every team will have a child as a contestant and this will be a new thing. In this generation, children are smart and clever, which will make the show more interesting, " said the 26-year-old.

When asked about the sharing the screen with Ali, she said that he is a "very senior actor and I will love working with him".

On the personal front Manasi says that her life has "changed after marriage and become more excited. My husband is very cooperative, he understands my working hours. He is also a singer, so our connection is very strong."

"I am very spiritual and I believe in god. I do yoga and through that I relax myself, " she added.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "My religion is music: Manasi Parekh"

Post a Comment