Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shilpa Shetty defends ready meal plans

Shilpa Shetty has hit back at scepticism surrounding her new ready meal venture, insisting that it is destined to be a success.

The Bollywood actress has reportedly been taking advice from British chef Andy Varma after signing a deal to sell various Indian dishes in the UK.Speaking to Galatta, Shetty explained:

"Everyone presumed I was a big novice at cuisine. Not true. I've always enjoyed cooking. And I love cooking for my friends and family.

"Now with Raj [Kundra] and me becoming part of Andy Varma's chain, my interest in cooking has turned into a passion."

She continued: "You'd be surprised to know how popular Indian food is in England. Do you know the country's favourite dish is chicken tikka masala?

"I want them to discover our food beyond the obvious curries and biryanis.And all our Indian snacks and meals will contain under 10% fat."Last weekend, Shetty played down speculation about her forthcoming wedding to Kundra, who she has been dating for two years.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Shilpa Shetty defends ready meal plans"

Post a Comment