Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I look forward to being in love: Amrita Rao

I look forward to being in love: Amrita RaoThe past few months have seen actress Amrita Rao deal with rumours about her link-up with co-star Tusshar Kapoor. But while the actress laughs them off, insisting that she’s very much single, she does admit that, ‘being in love’ is something that she looks forward to.

“Of course, I’d love to be in love someday, but it’s not something that you can go hunting for either. So, the wait for my Prince Charming continues,” reveals Rao. She may be single, but that doesn’t keep Rao from celebrating Valentine’s Day today. She reveals her plans for the day to DNA, “I plan to celebrate it with a bunch of very close friends.” She is quick to add that despite her single status, she does not feel the ‘love-pangs’ at all.

“We might have picked one day in the calender to celebrate love... but I choose everyday!” smiles Rao, as she shares her love mantra. “I think our generation believes in making things happen and not in waiting for a day or a reason for things to happen,” says Rao . But that does not mean that she brushes aside V-day as just another day. Rao still believes in the magic in the day as she says, “Yes, there’s something special about Valentine’s Day.”

So, what’s the best Valentine’s gift she’s ever got? “A fan from Nagpur spent probably all his savings to gift me a guitar and waited outside my house for days just to present it to me! It was straight out of a romantic novel!” she gushes.

A die-hard romantic at heart, Rao explains, “To be in love with every breath you take, flutter those dreamy eyes and flaunt that mooney smile every time your character falls in love on screen... oh, yes you got to be a ‘helpless romantic’ to transcend all that, each time with more conviction on screen!”

But that’s on screen. Off it, she does admit that being a celebrity takes a toll on personal relationships. “It’s funny the way people link you up and then have imaginary break-ups too. It’s hurtful. But I have always chosen not to make a daily soap of my personal life!”

What she doesn’t mind revealing though is how she would want to be wooed by her Prince Charming... “I’d want my man to stop all traffic and propose to me in the middle of the Bandra-Worli sea link,” she laughs as she signs off to celebrate the day.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I look forward to being in love: Amrita Rao"

Post a Comment