Tuesday, October 16, 2012

SOTY actor Manasi Rachh gifts herself a profession on her birthday!


A noted theatre person, Manasi Rachh has already been spotted and written about exclusively for her aesthetically played characters including Sunil Shanbag's Walking to the Sun, an adaptation of Tagore's Dak Ghar.

The young actor is polishing her natural talent through the fine craft of theatre, and the experience and rigour is something that has brought a lot of discipline and experience when she faces the camera today.

But ask her how it all began and she muses, "I use to work as an AD by day, but by night I would like to go to theatre rehearsals, theatre festivals because I always liked the idea of a live performance.

I use to work for ads, and as much fun as that was, but there one usually sticks to the lines, and you can't really explore a variety of emotions in advertising like you can with theatre, and I wanted to explore more. One day while attending a theatre rehearsal for a show, a girl who uses to play a certain part was not available.

There was not much time left before the show opened, and everyone was worried who would fill her shoes. People had often seen me hanging around the sets, and the director asked me if I wanted to play that particular role.

It was very difficult initially as I had three days to learn all the lines, but when the show took off and I was performing, it gave me a kick like nothing ever had in spite of me having done so much already! Somewhere along the same time, close to my birthday I realized I was going to gift myself something different this time around.

And a workshop on acting was also starting exactly on the day of my birthday. It all got me thinking, and I realized nothing I had done this far in life had been as exciting as acting, and I took the coincidence as a sign, enrolled for the course on an impulse and went ahead from there. There has been no looking back since!"

Manasi Rachh, earlier noted in Yashraj Productions' Mujhse Frrrandship Karoge, will soon be seen playing a crucial role in Dharma Productions' Student of The Year to release on 19th October. And her film Charlie Ke Chakkar Mein with Naseeruddin Shah and others is under post-production.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "SOTY actor Manasi Rachh gifts herself a profession on her birthday!"

Post a Comment