Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'll marry for love - Priyanka

Desi girl Priyanka Chopra was in Ahmedabad for promoting her upcoming release What’s Your Raashee?

In a chat session with TOI, the demure actress speaks about professionalism, rumours, friendship and the number game in Bollywood.

Excerpts from the interview ... Learning curve Priyanka opened her innings in the glam world at the age of 17 and hasn’t looked back.

“Everything happened so fast and within such a short span. I didn’t even get time to retrospect,” says the actress.

Priyanka’s parents rendered immense support during the formative years of her career. The actor now takes pride in being self-reliant. “My parents are busy with other things to be taken care of. I am on my own now.”

Professionalism speaks Priyanka is a thorough professional who has always surged ahead with an indomitable spirit.

“I belong to a family with an army background. I have been taught on discipline, one’s responsibilities and that one needs to respect time. It’s very hard for others to understand about my condition as they are concerned more with the production costs in case a shoot gets cancelled. So I try to accomplish my task on the sets even though I am running with high temperature. However, this aggravates the health situation as it happened earlier.”

What’s in a number? “Number game does happen but as an actor I want to give my best. I take pride in the kind of work I do. I feel bad if my work is not appreciated. I know that a film’s success will put me on the top position. If a film fails at the Box Office, that will make me trail by five or six positions.

But the number game doesn’t affect me.” Does she feel pressured? “It’s really scary. I owe a lot to my fans and people who have admired my work. Their great expectations at times really scare me. But by God’s grace I am doing well,” says the actress.

Dostana in Bollywood “I don’t think two top actresses can ever be best friends because they are competing with each other. They can hang out together but the unconditional love between two close pals will be missing in this relationship.”

On rumours “People link me with male actors who I work with. I hate reading about all those rumours. I too belong to a family. How does a father react to the news about his daughter having a string of affairs?”

The real Piggy Chops What keeps Priyanka going strong is her focused approach so far as her career is concerned. “I am very emotional, fun loving, moody and hardworking person who thinks from within. I am very attached to my family and friends.” On Cupid “If I get into a relationship I will speak about it with great pride. I will go for a love marriage but only with my parents’ consent.”

Life’s mantra “There are two philosophies in life: I would want to live in every moment and not think about tomorrow; continue living my life the way it is now and do good work with my family and friends standing by my side.”

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I'll marry for love - Priyanka"

Post a Comment