Monday, October 26, 2009

Katrina to appear on TV shows to fund mom's charity

Katrina Kaif has been making frequent television appearances of late. And she's doing this only for her mother Susan Turquotte's charity Mercy Home in Madurai.

The actress' cheque from her first game-show appearance bought the first ambulance for Mercy Home.

The money she made through her appearances on 10 Ka Dum and Kaun Banega Crorepati before that, went to the orphanage her mother runs. It will be used to build a toddlers' wing.

In negotiations Kat is now in negotiation for a couple of other reality/music shows. "But only for my mother's charity work.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested in television appearances." Speaking on philanthropy, Katrina says, "Normally one doesn't like to speak on one's charity work.

It's a bit cheesy. But since people have been asking why I'm seen on so many shows, I've to admit that I've been lending my mom a helping hand with her orphanage. I'm lucky enough to let my mother make sure my charitable donations are used in the best way."

Always there Katrina's involvement with her mother's charity work is likely to grow in the coming months. She'll also get increasingly involved with Salman Khan's Being Human charitable work. "He has by now an organisation that runs on its own.

But I'm always there to do whatever work he wants me to do for Being Human. But it's my mom who really needs my support. I want to use my name to make her work grow." Next on their agenda is an orphanage in Chennai where Katrina's mom lives.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Katrina to appear on TV shows to fund mom's charity"

Post a Comment