Thursday, December 31, 2009

I have always taken risks - Priyanka

Her first recognition was the femme fatal role in Abbas-Mustan's Aitraaz and since then there has been no looking back for Priyanka Chopra, who is counted among the leading ladies of Bollywood today.

And the actress gives all the credit to her ability of taking risks. "I have always taken risks and done films which challenge me.

It's easier to do films which will definitely do well," Priyanka, who has been declared the 'Endorsement queen of 2008', said.

"Even Fashion with three women, which got me my first Best Actress award, was risky. Somebody has to push the envelope.

Before Fashion when four-five of my films did not do well, the media was quick to write me off," she said.

The 27-year-old actress said she has understood herself as an actor. "I was 17 when I started.

Now, I have learnt what films are about," she said before flying off to US to shoot Anjana Anjani with Ranbir Kapoor.

The actress said the "breeziness" of her upcoming film Pyar Impossible and the relationship between the geek and the beauty written by Uday Chopra appealed to her.

"There is a geek in every one of us...low confidence, insecurities. Abhay (Uday) thinks my character Alisha is the perfect girl but she is not. It is a matter of perceptions. The characters in the film make it interesting and different," she said.

When asked about her ill-health which made news during 2009, Priyanka said, "I was working on Fashion and had two releases lined up. It was hectic. Even though my parents asked me to go slow and take a break, I am the happiest when I am on a film set. I love my energy and working. I am high on life." The actress said she did listen to her parents' advice and took a week's break. Priyanka said 2009 was an important year for her in terms of recognition.

"Fashion got me accolades and appreciation for Sweety in Kaminey was a surprise," she said. The actress said while the success of Kaminey surprised her, the debacle of 'What's your Rashee?' broke her heart.

"What was satisfying that nobody told me that I was terrible in the film. I think the length was its undoing," Priyanka, who essayed 12 roles in the Ashutosh Gowariker film, said. To a question on carrying the entire film on her shoulders, Priyanka said she believes every film is hers no matter how big a hero is paired opposite her.

Priyanka also gave a glimpse of her future projects. Speaking about her forthcoming film Anjana Anjani with Ranbir Kapoor, she said it was a love story with a 'nice twist'. While Vishal Bharadwaj's next movie will be a dark comedy and will go on floors middle of next year.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I have always taken risks - Priyanka"

Post a Comment