Sunday, December 27, 2009

Vidya's one of the boys

Vidya Balan is glowing with the compliments pouring in for her superlative performance in R Balki’s Paa.

She may be a foot shorter than both her Bachchan co-stars, but when it came to the histrionics, she matched Amitabh and Abhishek perfectly.

Now she’s channelising her energies into Ketan Maroo’s Ishqiya where once again she is it pitted with two versatile talents Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi.

Talking about her sensuous role in this robust, earthy, love triangle, the diminutive actress says, “I play a village belle.

Yet I’m fully aware of my sexual charms and within the four walls of the bedroom, I’m unapologetic about using my guile and charm.

Vidya says quality work like Paa and now Ishqiya has made her realise that if she is patient, the right roles are bound to come her way. “Once again I have as many advantages as I had when I did Parineeta,’’ says the actress. “My filmmakers have realised that given an opportunity, I will not let them down.’’

The coming year is an important year for Vidya. She starts the year with Ishqiya and then moves onto Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Chenab Gandhi. “The decision to do fewer films is entirely mine,’’ says the actress who is now super-confident that when it comes to her career, she will not make one false move.

On the personal front, it is rumoured that almost all her heroes be it John Abraham (Salaam-e-Ishq), Shahid Kapoor (Kismat Konnection) and now Arshad Warsi (Ishqiya) are attracted to her. “Rubbish,’’ she flails her hands and says.

“In fact, I think none of my heroes even treat me like a lady. I’m treated like one of the boys. My heroes back-slap me and we share a few laughs and jokes. However, I don’t think any of them is attracted to me. If they were, I would have noticed.’’

Well, well...so even as the rumour mills continue to buzz about Vidya past romances with John and Shahid, the actress herself has rubbed her slate clean... and is looking forward to her knight in shining armour putting in an appearance in 2010. What should one say — Halleluah!

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Vidya's one of the boys"

Post a Comment