Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Aishwarya Rai wags her Tamil tongue to stun the witnesses

You thought Aishwarya Rai can only speak English with fluency; and may be a bit of Hindi.

Well, the myth shattering news is that she can also speak Tamil, the popular South Indian language.

And that, too, with the precision of a surgeon’s knife. Place: Chennai Ash took everyone by surprise.

As she came knocking at the audio launch of Tamil film ‘Rettaichuzhi’ produced by Shankar.

Who is, incidentally, the director of her next flick opposite South superstar Rajnikanth in ‘Endhiran: The Robot’.

The audio cassettes n CDs of ‘Rettaichuzhi’ were released by Aishwarya and accepted.

By celebrated lyricist Vairamuthu, who had long ago titled her a ‘Taj Mahal weighing 50 kilograms.

In one of his lyrics for the film ‘Jeans’. Next, to a stunned audience she wagged off her tongue in crisp Tamil for.

A few seconds before changing guards to English. “It’s an honour for me to have been present.

At this place among legends like Balachander and Bharathiraaja and I feel proud about it. I also feel happy that a woman is treated so respectfully at a public function like this. I can never forget. The Tamil film industry and director Shankar in my life. Shankar’s ‘Jeans’ was my first successful film. The many things I learnt during the making of the film gave me enough self-confidence that I could continue to act for a few more years.”

“I feel even more proud to be part of Shankar’s ‘Endhiran’ opposite superstar Rajnikanth…I watched a few songs and some sequences from ‘Rettaichuzhi’…I think Karthick Raaja’s music and tunes are excellent. I would surely watch the film in future,” she signed off. So, the next time you greet her, do so in Tamil and expect a shower of welcomes with that perfect accent.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Aishwarya Rai wags her Tamil tongue to stun the witnesses"

Post a Comment