Thursday, March 18, 2010

I was unduly stereotyped - Tanushree

She created a buzz in Bollywood with her debut in Aashiq Banaya Aapne but Tanushree Dutta’s career.

Soon fizzled out and the actress blames the judgemental nature of the film industry for it.

Dutta who is back on the silver screen after a gap of almost two years with the horror flick Rokkk says that.

She was unduly stereotyped as mere eye candy who could do nothing but “hot and sultry” roles.

“The surprising part though is that even though I have worked in different genre of movies, I was slotted in a certain bracket.

I was told that people expected me to be a hot and sultry woman in each of my films,” she said.

But the 29 year old former Miss India is excited about her new innings which promises to show her in a different light.

“I can see that today, there is a different perception about me in Bollywood. Yes, it has taken some time.

But I am happy that I am reaching there,” said Tanushree who is now looking forward to.

The release of her next film ‘Apartment’ She was one of the hottest debutants in Bollywood circuits when she enjoyed a double bill in ‘Aashiq Banaya Aapne’ and ‘Chocolate’ which released within a fortnight of each other in 2005.

The Bengali beauty who is still remembered for a steamy love scene between her and Emraan Hashmi in ‘Aashiq Banaya Aapne’ said that the audience will see her in a whole new avatar in Jagmohan Mundhra’s ‘Apartment’ . “I have worked with many people in the last five years and I can tell whether a person is making a good film or not.

In case of ‘Apartment’ I can confidently state that we have a wonderful product in hand,” said the actress. Though the film is a low budget project without a high profile star cast, Dutta is confident that the film will be a big step forward in her celluloid career.

“Jag has worked in numerous projects in the West as well. His movies like ‘Bawandar’ and ‘Provoked’ are great piece of cinema. Moreover, he is technically very superior and certainly knows what he is doing. When you work with someone like him.

It’s only you who ends up gaining the most as an artist,” said Dutta. Though she has played a strong willed woman in movies like ‘Raqeeb’, ‘Chocolate’ and ‘Saas Bahu Aur Sensex’, it’s a new Tanushree which one will get to see in ‘Apartment’ where she plays the role of a victim.

“And trust me that’s no less a challenge,” she said. “Since Apartment is a psychological thriller, I had to be very careful about how I conducted myself because one false move and the whole character as well as the film would have come falling down,” she said.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I was unduly stereotyped - Tanushree"

Post a Comment