Friday, March 26, 2010

Priyanka Chopra on her new role as a host for Khatron Ke Khilad

Yes, I guess so. I have been offered many shows in the past but I wasn’t really looking at doing TV. So, what appealed to you about Fear Factor Khatron Ke Khiladi?

It was my favourite show on TV. I think it perfectly blends with my personality, which is why when it was offered to me I didn’t think much before accepting the show.

Are you a daredevil in real life? Yes. I am a complete adventure freak. Bungee-jumping, skydiving from 20,000 ft, water-rafting, name it and I have done it.

I find it fascinating. Even in my films Drona and Don I have done my own stunts. The adrenaline rush that you get while doing it is something else altogether.

Will you be doing the stunts in the show? Of course, after all it’s Khatron Ke Khiladi. Don’t you ever get scared? Fear is not a factor, baby.

Are your parents okay with it? They are always supportive, but since I have signed on the show, my mom is a little scared. Since you will be doing the stunts, should we expect it to be easy?

On the contrary they will be tougher. Earlier shows had girls as participants, this time there will be men. So, the stunts will be tougher than the first two. Also, we are shifting from South Africa to Brazil and this time the scale will be bigger.

How does it feel to replace Akshay Kumar who hosted the earlier seasons? I don’t think I am replacing him, I cannot. His shoes are too big for me. He made the show huge and I am just taking it forward. There was a change.

In format in the sense that last two seasons had 13 haseenaein and he was the host, and this time it is the opposite. Are you following the IPL matches? I haven’t been able to, as I was out of the country, but now that I am back I will try and watch a few matches. Do you like cricket? The moment you are born in India, you have to like cricket.

What is your wish-list of cricketers on your show? I would like eclectic personalities. The show will have a mix of national and international cricketers but they are yet to be finalised. As for my wish-list, I would love to have a Harbhajan Singh, Andrew Symonds, Matthew Hayden, Yuvraj Singh and Brett Lee, to name a few.

Are these your favourite cricketers? (Laughs) Some of them are but I am not telling. This is the first time you will be playing a host. How are you preparing yourself? I am not really preparing for it. I am just going to be spontaneous. That is the way I approach my roles in films too.

Talking about films, you have always experimented with the roles. (Cuts in) Yes, I have always pushed the envelope. I believe in expanding the horizons. It is easy to be in the safe zone but it means there will be no growth. The day I stagnate, I will quit.

Tell us who your husbands are in Saat Khoon Maaf and when do you start shooting. We will start shooting in a few days. Neil Nitin Mukesh, John Abraham, Irrfan, Naseeruddin Shah, Vivaan Shah and a Russian actor are in the cast.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Priyanka Chopra on her new role as a host for Khatron Ke Khilad"

Post a Comment