Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kat in politics

Katrina says her look in Raajneeti was modelled more on Priyanka Vadra than Sonia Gandhithat her role in Raajneeti is inspired.

By Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Katrina Kaif says that she watched election campaign videos of the UPA chairperson’s daughter.

Priyanka Vadra to get the right look and body language for the film. “Priyanka is a young, strong, independent and modern leader with the right blend of values.

My character is not based on her. I just watched her campaign videos to observe her body language and how she campaigns and interacts with the crowds,” Katrina explained.

The 25-year-old actress said that she is not playing Sonia Gandhi in Prakash Jha’s political thriller. She asserted she has not modelled her role on any politician.

“Prakashji himself chose the saris I wore as a politician. Every body knows I spent my early years in England and my mother is English.

And even Sonia Gandhi has a foreign connection. So the comparison was logical.” Katrina said she had her initial apprehensions before accepting the film.

As it did not have any song, dance and romance which she enjoys a lot. “When I first heard the script during the making of New York, I made up my mind to refuse the film.

I felt this was not my kind of role. Why should I do serious films which I don’t enjoy? I had only heard about Prakash Jha’s reputation,” she said. “When I heard the narration from him during our meeting, I realised that this film has as much excitement as any other film I have done. I realised that I was being prejudiced towards Prakashji and did not like it,” Katrina recalled.

Speaking about the film, Katrina said raajneeti is a very popular subject. “Politics is not just about what’s happening in the government or the Lok Sabha...it’s about politics in life, families and relationships,” she added. The actress said the political side of her character comes in much later in the film. “My character refuses to accept that the person she loves does not reciprocate her feelings.

She has no self respect in love,” Katrina said. “In real life, all of us experience rejections, sometimes in hurtful ways. I was honest to myself while essaying the character Indu. I believe one has to connect with the character one is playing,” she explained.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Kat in politics"

Post a Comment