Thursday, May 20, 2010

Deepika is on a roll

Deepika is on a roll Her nine-yard wonder at the 63rd annual Cannes Film Festival has set tongues wagging and left her filmy counter parts faces green with envy.

But Bollywood’s original leggy lass Deepika Padukone is unfazed by all the talk. We caught up with.

The ravishing actress who spoke about her experience at Cannes, forthcoming projects and her love for Hyderabad.

Speaking about her experience at Cannes this year, she says, “It was a wonderful experience. I didn’t expect to walk the red carpet so early in my career.

I was excited when I got the invitation and am proud to have represented my country there.” But this is not her first visit to the festival.

“I’d been to Cannes with my family as a spectator when I was young. I watched Mathieu Amalric’s French film Tournee (On Tour) there,” she adds.

However, she didn’t get the opportunity to meet international stars and filmmakers there, as she went only for a day. “I reached there on the second day of the festival and the bigger stars pour in only much later. I saw a couple of stars but didn’t get to meet any one during my short stay.”

Was she confused about what outfit to wear at her debut at Cannes? “Not at all. I’m glad that my choice was appreciated. I didn’t think twice about what to wear as I knew I wanted it to be a sari. Among all the Indian outfits, I think the sari is the most sensual and elegant,” she exclaims.

The actress, who’s presently in Mauritius, talks about the projects she’s got in her kitty. “I’m in Mauritius right now filming for Break Ke Baad with Imran Khan. It’s a romantic comedy directed by debutant Danish Aslam. I’m also shooting for.

A Yash Raj film, Lafange Parindey, that is being directed by Pradeep Sarkar and stars Neil Nitin Mukesh. Then there is Ashutosh Gowariker’s period thriller Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey starring Abhishek Bachchan which will release in December this year.”

Globe-trotter she might be, but when it comes to Hyderabad, Deepika says she is no stranger. “My dad has a lot of friends there. I had also visited the city and gone to Laad Bazaar on my first school excursion when I was in Class VI. I’d also visited it for badminton matches and for modelling assignments. I also love Hyderabadi food, especially the biryani.”

The actress who regaled the Telugu audience with her item number in Love 4Ever, says that though she has received a lot of offers from Tollywood, she’s not ready to make the leap. “I don’t know if I’m up for a full-fledged T’wood flick yet, as I need to understand the language first. I’ve got a lot of T’wood offers, I might consider one if something really different comes my way.”

What about Hollywood offers? “Sure, why not? I’ll be happy to star in an international film if it’s interesting. As of now I’m satisfied with my career in B’wood.” Unlike her verbose co-stars, Deepika is seldom active on Twitter. “I’m a shy and private person. I tweet once in two days because there is only so much I want to share,” she says.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Deepika is on a roll"

Post a Comment