Saturday, July 10, 2010

It is very easy to fall prey to depression: Vidya Balan

When everything from her love life to her fashion sensibilities were dissected, one thing that no one could point.

Their fingers at was Vidya Balan’s acting abilities. Considered by almost every film-maker as one of Bollywood’s finer actors.

Vidya has only let her work do the talking. The last two years of her acting career have been phenomenal as.

She has swept every award for her performances in films like Paa, in which she played Amitabh Bachchan’s mother and Ishqiya, where she was a conniving seductress.

“I feel humbled and thrilled at the same time. The last two years only validated my belief that good films always work.

And that I should only choose films with good scripts. I have got a good response in out-and-out commercial films as well as different cinema.
I’m not pigeon-holing myself into any typecast. I choose exciting work. I’m too greedy to just work in off-beat movies and let go of commercial films,” says Vidya.

Talking about if she experienced the same kind of alienation that the late model Viveka Babajee was reported to have faced.

She says, “It is hard to cope up with constant criticism. Those days whenever I used to open the papers it was like.Vidya Balan’s name had to be there either for her personal life or for her fashion sense. But no one could say anything bad about my acting. That is where I drew my courage from and concentrated to channelize my attention,” she says.

Vidya adds, “Like modeling, even in acting it is very easy to fall prey to depression. But I believe nothing is worth giving up life for. I’m a heavily optimistic person and I would tell one and all to believe that there are rays of light after darkness.”

The actor says she is more at peace with herself by accepting how she looks and dresses up. “I think I was trying to be someone else and trying to fit into a mould which people were not accepting. I’m grateful to those criticisms about my weight, dressing sense because I realized that I was trying to forcefully do something. I realized I just have to be myself,” she says. When asked if she has done something different as her recent photoshoots have her going glam, she adds, “It’s the same Vidya but in a happier and fearless space,” she ends.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "It is very easy to fall prey to depression: Vidya Balan"

Post a Comment