Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bipasha Basu and John Abraham to attend Durga puja togather

In her own words, actress Bipasha Basu took actor-beau John Abraham to her hometown in Kolkata seven years ago, when they were just a year-old in their relationship. The star couple are once again Kolkata- bound for some family time with Bipasha’s parents, sisters —Bidisha and Vijayeta, and her extended family for Durga puja. The actor this time is looking forward to it for more than one reason.

Bipasha Basu and John Abraham to attend Durga puja togather

“It’s my mother’s birthday on Nabami (October 16), and I’m planning to give her a surprise. I’m also dying to see my niece (Bidisha’s three-year-old daughter), who I’ve not seen for a long time. Yes, it is going to be one big family reunion,” says Bipasha. “Last time when I went with John it was pandemonium.

The only thing that she misses about not celebrating Durga puja in Mumbai is not being able to spend time with her friend and actor Rani Mukherjee at the Durga puja held by her family (organised by the North Bombay Sarbojonin Durga Puja Charitable Trust and supported by DNA).

“Attending the family puja organised by the Mukerji clan is a tradition that I’ve followed even when I was a model. It used to be the closest to my house. It’s around this time that I became friends with Rani and got close to the family. I have some fondest memories of the Durga puja there, after I moved to Mumbai. I am a regular there, and it has always kept me in touch with my roots,” she says.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Bipasha Basu and John Abraham to attend Durga puja togather"

Post a Comment