Monday, November 8, 2010

Bipasha Basu: I could never shift base

The Bong beauty might have shifted her gears and is shooting for her first international project — but actor Bipasha Basu wouldn’t want to shift base out of Bollywood ever. “Bollywood has made me who I am. I cannot even think of shifting base anywhere else. I am very clear about my priorities. Whatever work I take up, in any country, my base will always be Mumbai and I will always operate from here,” says Bipasha.

Bipasha Basu: I could never shift base

The sultry actor says she can never imagine herself staying in the US or the UK (with a work visa) for half-a-year at a stretch. “It will be too much for me. I’ll feel homesick. I need my family and John (actor John Abraham) to be around me. I am too used to it. It would be a huge problem if my routine changes. I am not too comfortable with changes,” she adds.

Bipasha informs that though she is coming out with her second Fitness DVD, she is yet to shoot for it. “The creative and the pre-production process of the DVD is over. I will do a little bit of preparation and then shoot for it in January. I am sure that by early next year, I should be ready with my DVD,” she informs.

Talking about her international project, Bipasha says that she has gone through the history of the first Anglo-Maratha war on which her Hollywood film Singularity is based. “We have all read history and the Anglo-Maratha war was a part of the curriculum. All I needed was a bit of an advanced study to figure out a little more about the character that I would be playing,” she says.

Bipasha says she would never go hunting for a role ever, “Hunting for a role was never my thing. All my life I have been offered work and I am used to things that way. This project also fell on my lap. This time (an earlier international project didn’t work out) the subject was very good, the director and stars were also stellar. This time I knew right from the start that there couldn’t be a better opportunity for me,” she ends.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Bipasha Basu: I could never shift base"

Post a Comment