Friday, November 26, 2010

Vivek Oberoi's cousin desires make it to bollywood on his own merit

Vivek Oberoi's cousin desires make it to bollywood on his own meritActor Vivek Oberoi’s cousin brother Akshay Oberoi, who’s set to make his debut in Tinseltown, is taking pains to hide the fact that he’s related to the star. However, the fact came to light quite accidentally.

“I am Vivek Oberoi’s cousin. My father (Krishan) is the younger brother of Suresh Oberoi. But frankly, I don’t want to be known as Vivek’s cousin. We are separate people and I am stubborn about the fact that I want to do things on my own,” says Akshay Oberoi, whose father is one of the four Oberoi brothers.

Sources close to both the families state that the real reason for the debutant underplaying his relationship with the star is because Vivek has rubbed many people in the industry the wrong wayand is in the bad books of many Bollywood biggies.

“He (Akshay) doesn’t want to be branded as Vivek’s brother. Those in the family (and outside it) believe his career might get stunted if the Vivek connection comes to the fore. In fact, Akshay has also requested Sooraj Barjatya (the producer of his debut film) and the publicists to avoid highlighting the family connection,” says a source.

But prod Akshay Oberoi for the real reason, and he blames it on his stubborn streak. “I want to make it to Bollywood on my own merit,” he says. So did he attend his famous cousin brother’s wedding?

“I was busy working and could not attend his (Vivek’s) marriage. Dad went for his marriage. No, we don’t share any bad vibes, and I did wish Vivek and Priyanka (his newly-wed wife) after their wedding,” he’s quick to add.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Vivek Oberoi's cousin desires make it to bollywood on his own merit"

Post a Comment