Monday, April 11, 2011

No kissing or bikini act: Asin

No kissing or bikini act: AsinAsin, the dazzling actress from God’s Own Country, who has recently returned from a hectic month-long schedule in Bangkok for her next flick Ready with Salman, spoke in an exclusive interview.

The first question was why, despite being offered so many films, she had signed so few, unlike the other Bollywood heroine. Her response was prompt. “I am a secure person and I don’t believe in the theory of out of sight out of mind.”

She explained further, “All along I have never rushed to sign any movie. I work at my own pace. I am happy and content with what I do and am not really concerned about how others work or how many films they sign. I have never felt insecure about the so-called competition.”

Asin cleared that she was never too pricey for south producers and dismissed the rumour that this was the primary reason for her not having any regional films in her kitty.

“I have constantly been getting offers from the south, which I could not accept due to various reasons. I don’t expect the media to get to know about it all the time. The industry people know and so these irrelevant rumours don’t really affect me,” she set the record straight.

“For me, monetary considerations have never been the criteria to accept a project. I have never burdened my producers. My priorities are: first and foremost the script should excite me, followed by my character, banner and finally my co-star. I think I have reached a stage when I want to do performance-oriented and meaningful roles instead of being a mere arm candy to the heroes.”

Asin admitted that she’d love to work with prominent filmmakers. “Mani Ratnam, Priyadarshan, Raju Hirani and the list goes on. I’ve heard that Raju Hirani’s working atmosphere is pleasant and comfortable.”

Soon, Asin moved to the topic of endorsing the newly formed IPL team, the Kochi Tuskers Kerala. She smiled, “I love cricket and I am happy that a team has been formed from my native place. I am looking forward to the current edition of IPL. But I couldn’t be their brand ambassador due to various factors. But I am always there to cheer the sport of cricket!”

On the mere mention of Salman Khan, the Ghajini star got excited and shared, “We finished two long schedules for Ready in locations abroad. This is my second film with Salman. We share a great rapport and he is a chilled-out person. It’s a lot of fun working with him.”

Currently, Asin has signed Sajid Nadiadwala’s multi-starrer Housefull with Akshay Kumar, which will be shot in the U.S.A. Reports have been making the rounds in some section of the media that Asin will be donning a bikini in Housefull and doing a steamy kissing scene with Salman in Ready.

She laughed, “I am amused by these rumours. I am glad that people who know me will not believe such trash. Ready is a family entertainer and there are no hot scenes or lip locks in the film. Sorry to disappoint but the bikini news is someone’s fertile imagination and not the truth!”
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "No kissing or bikini act: Asin"

Post a Comment