Saturday, June 16, 2012

I am Married, so what?


I am Married, so what?


Preeti Jhangiani who will be seen again on the big screen after a long time talks about the support system at home and shedding post-delivery weight 

With her baby Jaiveer turning 13 months old, the actress who had been shooting on and off for regional cinema, finds herself with enough time to devote to Bollywood now. Preeti spoke to CS about the support system at home and shedding post-delivery weight.

A good support system
To leave a small baby at home is a difficult thing emotionally. There are guilt pangs and you feel like seeing your child and spend maximum time with him. But I also think it’s good not to be in his face constantly. 

Fortunately, the whole family hovers around Jaiveer, so he is always surrounded by people. Parvin has also always be supportive of my work. Without his support, I wouldn’t have been able to do anything. 

He’s never set any boundaries for me. Even when we were dating, we both were working, so there are no hang-ups like that in my life.

Weighty issues
I have lost all the weight I had put on during my pregnancy. I had put on 24 kilos during my pregnancy and I’m not even a big eater. It was just water retention and it took me a long time to shed all that extra weight after delivery.

Every person’s body reacts differently when they are expecting. One has to give their body time to recover, so I think it’s really stupid for people to point fingers at Aishwarya Rai.

We should applaud her instead for not falling for peer pressure. She’s enjoying her motherhood, so one should let her be.





Married, so what?
I don’t think the audience really cares if the actress is married or not. It’s the producers who have a mind block against casting actresses who’re married or those who have kids. I mean, even I would like to see Lara Dutta or Kajol back in films.

Look at Malaika Arora Khan. The audience has accepted her even in sensuous songs. It depends on how well you have maintained yourself and how the filmmaker presents you.

Act it out
I’m an actor and I would like to do all kinds of roles. I like doing comedies and roles that have scope for emoting. As a producer, I would like to make a really good love story.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I am Married, so what?"

Post a Comment