Friday, July 20, 2012

Stars remember Rajesh Khanna


Filmmaker Subhash Ghai, actor Sachin and host of others celebrities talk about the superstar's sad demise

Subhash Ghai
He was a very old friend of mine. After finishing my course from the FTII, I participated in a talent contest where we both won. He bagged his first movie while I started my struggle as a director.

Rajesh was a very fine person and we were always in touch. I met him last week when he was in hospital. With the demise of Rajesh Khanna a complete era has ended. The vacuum will never be filled. People were crazy for him.

Sachin
I feel very bad about his demise, but in a way he is free from all the suffering that he was going through. We worked in only one film together — Avtaar. But while working with him, it never felt like we were working together for the first time.

We both bonded over English films and I would often lend him video cassettes of English films. He was a style icon and understood fashion really well. We lost touch after he moved to Delhi and got involved in politics.

Saawan Kumar Tak
What can I say? The soul has gone from movies. What an actor! The era of romantic films is now officially over with his demise. I can’t see anyone who can step into his shoes.

We did a fantastic film Souten together and I will miss an actor, a friend and a wonderful human being forever. I had spoken to him recently and he had said that he would come and meet me. That meeting will never happen now. I will miss him forever.

Ashim Samanta
My relationship with Rajesh Khanna is way too old from the time we signed him for Aaradhna. I will always remember him as a very lively and entertaining person. He was a family member for us.

I spoke to him around 25 days back to invite him for the music launch of my son's movie and he told me that he was not allowed to move but his blessings are always with us. In November I had spoken to him about a movie which a wanted to do with him and he was excited about it. The legend has gone now.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Stars remember Rajesh Khanna"

Post a Comment