Monday, July 16, 2012

Wanted a Divya Bharti look-alike


Director Vikram Sandhu denies that his movie "Dream" is a biopic on Divya Bharti, but admits he is scouting for a look-alike of the late actress to play the lead role in his project.

Divya Bharti shot to fame at a very young age with films like "Shola Aur Shabnam" and "Deewana". She died at a tender age of 19 in 1993, and the cause of her death remains a mystery.

It has a connect with Sandhu's film, but he denies it.

"I don't want to say whether it's a biopic or not. All I can say is that it is the story of a young girl who becomes a star at a very young age and also dies at a very young age, " Sandhu told.

"I have never said that the film is a biopic. The media has been saying so. But Divya Bharti has been my all-time favourite actress, " he added.

Currently he is busy casting for his film.

"I am just back in India after auditioning for the leading lady for my film. I have been to London, Italy and Greece to get the perfect actress for my film, " he said.

Asked if he is searching for a look-alike of Divya Bharti, he said: "Yes, sort of. We want someone who looks like her."

Of the film's shooting schedule, he said: "I will finish the shooting in just five months. We are planning to shoot the entire film in India, London and Dubai."

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Wanted a Divya Bharti look-alike"

Post a Comment