Wednesday, August 1, 2012

No competition from Sakshi, Ram


Sameer Kochar has walked into "Bade Achche Lagte Hain", which already has popular actors Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar in lead roles, and says he feels no competition and is enjoying the attention he is getting.

"I am very secure in my space as an actor and happy with it. I am not here to compete with anyone. I am here to experiment with the new medium," Sameer told.

"The show has and will always belong to the characters of Priya and Ram Kapoor. But my character Rajat Kapur comes as an important character in the show. It will take the story forward, give it a new meaning," added the actor, who started his acting career with 2005 suspense thriller "Zeher".

After doing films like "Bold" and "Jannat", he turned to anchoring in 2008 with "Extraaa Innings T20" on SET Max. The 32-year-old even hosted "Survivor India" earlier this year.

Talking about his experience of working in a daily soap, he said: "The entire atmosphere is very new for me but I am happy to be part of such a fun show which is not like other saas bahu shows."

But when asked if he would be romancing protagonist Priya in the show, he refused to divulge any details.

"There will be a lot of twists and turns and a roller-coaster ride for the viewers. An exciting point is on the cards. But I am not going to disclose how and what is going to happen. Wait and watch," said Sameer.

Be it anchoring or acting, the actor enjoys both and says he wanted to connect with the audience through the show.

"I thought it is time to connect with the audience on a different level and showcase the versatile actor inside me. With 'Bade...' I got a chance to reach out to people whom I have never interacted with. I came with a very open mind and now I am really enjoying all the attention," he said.

Sameer, who takes everything in life as a project, will also be seen in Milan Luthria's "Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai", for which he starts shooting later this year.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "No competition from Sakshi, Ram"

Post a Comment