Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I don't see myself doing an item number: Yami Gautam

Yami Gautam, who stole audience heart with her endearing Bengali girl role in Vicky Donor, walked the ramp as a showstopper for Mandira Wirk, Sunday at the Kolkata Edition of Blenders Pride Fashion Tour (BPFT), 2012. Shabarni Basu caught up with the actor right after the show. Excerpts:

How do you feel wearing this dress for Mandira Wirk at BPFT?
That is really a creation by Mndira Wirk. Mandira is no stranger to the fashion industry. She is one of the most talented designers in fashion industry. I feel the dress is so beautiful with the colour, texture that added to the whole outfit. I didn't even need accessories as the dress is so beautiful in itself. So thanks to Mandira.

You personal style statement?
Its very simple very casual like any other girl. A pair of jeans and white shirts do the best for me.

How do you feel walking at the ramp here in kolkata?
Very special and I think it's Kolkata that makes it even special. I love kolkata because it's very close to me, I played a Bengali girl in my first movie. I think it's just amazing also for the warmth towards me every time I come here.
What about the ad film you are doing with Shoojit Sircar ?
Oh I think it's avery cute ad, we have just wrapped up shooting. It's beautiful and it's a treat working with him anyday. You'll see it very soon.

Any Bengali project in the pipeline?
I would love to do. No project as of now.

Have you learnt the language?
I don't know Tamil and Telegu either but I have worked. Not that it is not important to learn the language but I don't think language can be a barrier in the creative aspect.

Life after Vicky Donor?
It's been like this. I am getting to walk the ramp for such talented designer. It's really nice and trust me the respect that I have set for myself is more. It's not easy to be here but nevertheless the kind of warmth you get in the eyes of audience makes the difference.
Chemistry with Ayushmann Khurrana?
A great co-actor to work with. Everybody loved the film.

What kind of projects you want to do?
I don't want to get stuck up with one kind. I really haven't fixed myself with this as the only kind I would do. As an actor my first film lifted me but am here to experiment and entertain.

Do you see yourself as doing item numbers?
No, I don't see myself doing an item number!

How do you keep yourself fit?
I do Yoga.

Favourite Designer?
Mandira!

Any actor you want to work with?
There are too many to name and of course in Bengali there is Prosenjitda (Prosenjit Chatterjee) and Konkona I would love to work with!
Any choice for festive season?
There are many contemporary ethnic designs. But you don't really need to go by fashion trends, you need to look good, and respectable. Just be yourself! It's a very wrong notion that you need to look stylish, just be confident and you'll look the best!

Have you been to Kolkata for the Pujas?
No I haven't but would Love to!

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I don't see myself doing an item number: Yami Gautam"

Post a Comment