Monday, September 17, 2012

Oh My God not for money: Akshay Kumar


Akshay Kumar says his next production "Oh My God", inspired by Gujarati play "Kanji Virrudh Kanji", has not been made with the intention of making money. The project was a result of pure passion for the concept, says the actor.

"'Oh My God' is not a film which I made to earn money. It's a film which I loved, enjoyed it because I enjoyed the play and what I learnt from the play, I just wanted to share with the audience and that is why I just made this film," the 45-year-old said here.

"So there is no expectation from this film, whatever is going to happen. I'm sure people are going to enjoy because it's not a preachy thing. Paresh Rawal is not a baba, he is just having fun in the film and I am having fun, that's it," he added.

The film, releasing Sep 28, is the story of an atheist who incurs huge losses when his antique shop is destroyed by an earthquake.

Akshay says the film does not hurt anyone's religious sentiments.

"This film has got a 'U' certificate, without cuts. Obviously, the censor board has watched the film very carefully so that it does not hurt anyone's sentiments. This is about a man's belief which we have brought on the screen and it is not like you have to believe or pray in this particular way," Akshay said.

"Oh My God" stars Akshay in the role of Lord Krishna.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Oh My God not for money: Akshay Kumar"

Post a Comment