Thursday, November 29, 2012

Isha Sharvani back on stage, sizzles

Actress Isha Sharvani, who had to walk out of season five of "Jhalak Dikhla Ja" after a nasty elbow injury, was all agile on the opening day of season two of India Resort Fashion Week (IRFW), where she danced in designer clothes.

The second edition of the fashion extravaganza started Wednesday, and Isha was her vigorous best, stealing the limelight in a red swimsuit teamed with a long chiffon jacket, as she danced for designer James Ferriera's show.

Recalling the reality show incident, she said: "I was under intense rehabilitation for a long time because of that disclocated elbow, I'm still not fully recovered, and there are things I could do that I can't seem to do so easily now."

"There was a time when I got the doctors worried. But I'm fine now, and performing again. I'm in a place I always wanted to be. And no, I don't regret leaving "Jhalak" when I was going strong," she said.

The actress also turned showstopper for the designer in black halter neck gown teamed with a red stole.

Ferriera, who showcased a complete resort collection that was a mix of swimsuits, sarongs and kaftans, feels that Isha is one person "low on tantrum".

"Isha is a sweetheart, I wanted her to walk for me at the last edition as well but things didn't work well. She is one of the most unassuming stars currently. She adapts herself in every situation and never complains," the designer told.

The designer used satin and viscose to create an affordable line. The colours were mostly bright ones like red, pink, orange and blue.

"I went all the way to Sri Lanka to make the swimsuits with a company which is the largest swimwear manufacturer; I am in a collaboration with them, and it's the first time they are working with an Indian designer," Ferriera said.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Isha Sharvani back on stage, sizzles"

Post a Comment