Monday, November 26, 2012

The Taj Hotel refuses to host Rahul Bhatt's David Headley Book release


Rahul Bhatt's tell-all book Headley & I on his relationship with David Headley is finally all set to release in the first week of December.

The chosen venue for the release was, with suitable irony, to be the Taj hotel where Headley's strategy had masterminded the strike on 26/11.

Not surprisingly the Taj has politely declined to host the affair.

Says the crestfallen Rahul Bhatt, My book's author Hussain Zaidi and I were very keen to have the book launch at the Taj. We feel it is poetic justice to release my expose on Headley at the Taj.

But they' ve refused saying they don't want to relive the horrific night in any way. We've to respect that. We're now looking for my book launch at the two other venues the Trident and the Leopold Cafe where the terrorists stuck.

Rahul who has been working with Zaidi on the book for a year is nervous and excited. I've put forward exactly what had happened. No mincing of words. Headley & I may ruffle a lot of feathers. But I've the satisfaction of knowing I've said my story.

Rahul has so far not been able to convince any of the bigwigs from Bollywood to attend the launch.

You know how it is. They don't want to be associated with anything controversial. I am quite okay with it,  says Rahul nonchalantly.

Rahul hopes to convince one of his two friends Sanjay Dutt or Salman Khan to release the book.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "The Taj Hotel refuses to host Rahul Bhatt's David Headley Book release"

Post a Comment