Monday, December 3, 2012

I am searching for a Pahadi looking girl

Subhash Ghai is on a nationwide hunt for a new face to play the title role in his next 

Subhash Ghai is presently on a massive search to find a new face for his film Kaanchi. The veteran filmmaker is conducting a hunt across the country to find the right girl for the lead role. 

With Mithun Chakraborty and Rishi Kapoor already signed for the project, Ghai has chalked out an elaborate plan to launch his new find (like his earlier discoveries Manisha Koirala, Mahima Chaudhary, etc). We ask him for details

Why are you keen to find a new face. for the film?
I have visualised Kaanchi in a certain way. I feel I need to give someone an opportunity to be a star. I'm looking for someone preferably in the age group of 18 to 22. The character is of a Pahadi girl so the girl's features have to match that.

You announced the film and the other cast members before you could zero in on Kaanchi?
That's because I have not found the face I have in mind. I plan to roll the film in January, so I have time. I announced that Rishi Kapoor would be in the film. On October 24, I had planned an event to mark the 34th anniversary of my production house, Mukta Arts. But due to the demise of Yash Chopra, I cancelled it as a mark of respect.

I haven't decided when I will host the event. But I've invited all the stars who featured in my films like Tina Ambani, Jackie Shroff, Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit to honour all of them and celebrate the films they have worked in with me.
Why did it take you 32 years to work with Rishi Kapoor again?
Rishi starred in my 1980 film Karz along with Tina Munim. Later both of us went on to do several more films but never teamed up again. Yes, it took us over three decades to work together. More than an actor, Rishi is a friend.

My association with him is almost like that of family. We have always been in touch. We bond beyond just films. I refer to him as one of the earliest people who helped me as a director.

Karz was one of my earlier ventures with which I tasted success. It was such a big draw, especially the music. It is a film I am still remembered for.

Mithun Chakraborthy also stars in Kaanchi.
Yes, he is an extremely talented actor. I am sure that people have never seen him in the way I will portray him.

Music is the mainstay of your films.
I start working on it as soon as I finish with the script. I have an ear for music and am present throughout the recordings.

It has taken you over four years after your last film Yuvvraj to announce your next project.
Yes, but writing a script takes time. I took my time. From 1992-2010, I have made only four films. 

Was it because your 2008 film Yuvvraj did not do well?
Every film is a learning experience. For me, specifically, it was the 2008 film Black and White. As a filmmaker you are giving your best shot, the rest is for the audience to decide.

Of late you have been more in the news for the controversy surrounding your school, Whistling Woods International at Film City in Mumbai.
I have left it to god. I am thankful for the support the industry has given me. I have been considerate and cooperative about the issue. Whatever I had to say, I have said honestly.
You have planned a project with the Deols (Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby)?
Yes, it is in the initial stages. I also visited them in London where they are shooting Yamla Pagla Deewana 2. I share a fantastic rapport with them. This project will roll later.

What about your plans to make a sequel to your 2006 production Apna Sapna Money Money?
Sangeeth Sivan who directed the film is currently busy with Yamla Pagla Deewana 2. So the sequel will go on the floors after he wraps up his pending assignment.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I am searching for a Pahadi looking girl"

Post a Comment