Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Katrina turns singer

Self-proclaimed bathroom singer Katrina Kaif is all set to sing professionally...and that too for composer AR Rahman.

The album in question is the Rahman-composed children's album of nursery rhymes and inspirational songs that the composer will release early next year.

Initially, Katrina was only supposed to be part of the music video but now after watching her progress at the box-office, Katrina has been asked to sing a few songs in the album.

It was initially suggested that Katrina sing Rahman's compositions in English but now she will be seen singing in Hindi.

This despite the fact that she has a heavy British accent and is just beginning to learn Hindi. Katrina says, "Why not?

I'm always game for new challenges. Singing in itself was a challenge because I've never sung professionally. Singing in English would've been a convenient challenge. But I'd rather take the uncomfortable route. So why not me singing in Hindi?"

For someone who couldn't speak a line of Hindi when she came entered Bollywood Katrina sure has come a long way. She adds, "Somewhere down the line, I got tired of people commenting on my Hindi. I guess I've been working hard on it." As Katrina gears up to sing for AR Rahman she has already started practicing. Hard.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Katrina turns singer"

Post a Comment