Thursday, February 18, 2010

A glowing Vidya Balan gets chatting about her new house and life post Ishqiya

A glowing Vidya Balan gets chatting about her new house and life post Ishqiya You have always lived in Chembur.

How do you like living in a different suburb like Khar? I quite like it here. Like Chembur there is a neighbourhood feel here.

There is greenery, a certain warmth, a market close by, not to mention less travelling time to work.

The glow on your face says it all. The response to Ishqiya is fantastic. You are right, it is unbelievable!

The response far exceeded our expectations. We couldn’t have asked for more.

What do people have to say about the bold scenes between you and Arshad Warsi?

There is not a single person who asked me why I did the scenes or said that I shouldn’t have done them or that they were too brazen for me, not even my close friends who are very possessive and protective about me. Others have said that they could not believe that the same girl of Paa has done these scenes so effortlessly. Everyone felt that they proved my versatility.

But were you apprehensive when the film came to you?
On the contrary I was flattered! In fact I went to Abhishek Chaubey (director) to thank him because I knew I was not the natural choice for the role. At the same time, I took some time to agreed to the film as I wanted to read the script.

Were you, at any time, uncomfortable while doing the scenes?
No, not really. I sat with Abhishek a month before we started shooting as I wanted to understand my character of Krishna completely.

I am not a very aggressive person and I wanted to make sure there was no holding back when I played Krishna. I needed to get over all those mental obstacles, not only about using expletives or picking up a gun and shooting, but everything else, like her body language and expressions which always reeked of sensuality. Krishna had to be sensual without wearing revealing clothes. I pushed the envelope and I am glad it has paid off. I enjoyed being on the other side. People asked if it was a gamble, and I said it wasn’t but it was a job well done. I am not sure what would have been the response if the film had not done well.

Is it more difficult to switch from being de-glam to glamorous than the other way round?
Either way, it is about getting out of your comfort zone and is equally difficult. Anyway I don’t think glamour is the criterion when I take on a film, the role is. Glamour can be part of the role, it can’t be the role. For me Lolita in Parineeta was just as glamorous, even though she was presented in sarees. Glamour is about a certain sheen that the character displays, but which we tend to demarcate by Indian and Western wear! That is very sad because there is nothing more glamorous and sexier than a saree.

Your dressing sense is now being appreciated. Have you finally found your designer in Sabyasachi?
Personally, I have been wearing Sabya for a while. He dresses me for most of my events. I like the clothes he makes because they are very organic and also because of the work that he does. It is a sensibility match. Anyways, I do wear Sabya’s creations but not only his.

Is it true that you will be doing Deepa Mehta’s Midnight’s Children?
Even I heard that one, but Deepa has not approached me. I met Deepa, but it was for a film with R. Madhavan and me that did not work out. All I can say is that we hope to work together in the future.

What about Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Chenab Gandhi and Sujoy Ghosh’s next?
You will have to ask Sanjay Leela Bhansali that. I was approached by him two years ago but I have not heard from him after that, so I really don’t know what’s happening. As for Sujoy Ghosh, he narrated an idea, which I found very exciting. I am waiting to get a narration now.

Is it flattering when a filmmaker comes to you saying that if you don’t do the film he will not make the movie?

It is very flattering, but on the other hand it can be like emotional blackmail! I don’t get taken in by that and do the film only if I am convinced.

When do you start shooting for Rajkumar Gupta’s No One Killed Jessica?
The team is already in Delhi and I join them at the end of the month.

Have you met Jessica’s sister Sabrina on whom the role is shaped?
Rajkumar Gupta did not want me to meet Sabrina as he did not want the film to be biographical. So I have just done the regular preparations and created my own person.

Is it true that you and Rani Mukerji, who plays a journalist in the film, did not want to work together?
Both of us were in talks for the film for a very long time as we both liked the script. I am thrilled that Rani is part of the film as she is one of my favourite actresses.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "A glowing Vidya Balan gets chatting about her new house and life post Ishqiya"

Post a Comment