Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Is Emraan Hashmi the next Salman Khan?

The actor talks about being audience-friendly, leading by example and being always available for the Bhatts

Emraan Hashmi is probably one of the very few actors in Bollywood who choose not to turn their backs on a delayed film. Probably at the best phase of his career, the actor talks about why he chose to promote late Shamin Desai's film, his equation with the Bhatt camp and his production plans...

Your standing in the masses is second only to Salman Khan...
Well for me, I always wanted to do films that are commercial and have an entertainment quotient. It is something that has been built over the years and my audience looks forward to it in my films. I always wanted to be honest with them and give them what interests them.

The tag of the serial kisser refuses to die!
I have stopped reacting as far as this association is concerned. These tags don't fail to amuse me but whatever works for people, I am cool with it. The film should work in totality.
You chose to promote a three-year-old film. Why?
I know generally people don't touch delayed projects. I think as a person you have to lead by certain principles and films are not just about money. 

Some actors completely disown a film but I don't believe that one can have a long lasting career only because of wise business decisions. There's got to be some emotions involved. My producers had a rough patch and then Shamin passed away. I would not have been able to live with myself if I had disowned the film.

You are no longer available to the Bhatt camp. True?
Actually, we are looking for a great subject to work on. Also after certain successful associations, it becomes very important to be doubly sure about a script. There are no announcements as of now but when I get a good script, I will always be available to Bhattsaab and his productions.
You are all set to start your production venture now...
I am pretty much committed till the end of next year. So, I am aiming at 2014. I also don't intend to be behind the camera. I can supervise and I need to learn certain technical aspects of filmmaking, which will take more time. 

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Is Emraan Hashmi the next Salman Khan?"

Post a Comment