Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I would love to do a Lankan film, says Jacqueline Fernandez

It happened right in front of us in a bid to duck the crowd who had gathered around.

Her vanity van last week Jacqueline Fernandez’s mobile slipped out of her hands.

And before she could recover it, the device was already broken into bits.“Let that go.

It’s already beyond repair. It’s better that I get a new set for myself,” says the former Miss Sri Lanka as we sat down in her vanity van for an interview.

As the actor started talking about her upcoming film by Sajid Nadiadwala, we deflected.

The topic towards Sri Lanka where. The film industry has almost ceased to exist because of the continuous tension.

“Now that the tension has eased a little bit and the situation there is slowly returning to normal.

I am sure that we should be able to revive the film industry there. As much as I want to be a part of Bollywood, I also want the film industry.

In Sri Lanka to stand back on its feet and make world-class movies,” she says.

So, is she willing to go to Sri Lanka and act in a few movies there considering the fact that she has already got a little bit of a grounding in Bollywood?

“Why not? There are so many filmmakers there like, say, a Vimukhti Jayasundara. I would love to work in a film made by these immensely talented film-makers,” Jacqueline adds. The pretty lass says that she has already got a home in Mumbai and she considers her as a Mumbaikar now.

“Though I am Miss Sri Lanka and I grew up in London, I feel that I have started to feel like a Mumbaikar. I have got 54 pairs of sarees now and I am wearing them at events too. Mumbai feels like my city. It seems odd to me when somebody tells me that I am not from the city. It feels that I have always been here,” she ends.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I would love to do a Lankan film, says Jacqueline Fernandez"

Post a Comment