Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm a big fan of Shah Rukh - Akon

International R&B singer Akon, who is here to record songs for Shah Rukh Khan's film Ra.1, says he is a big fan of the Bollywood superstar and that he will not only have shows in India during his world tour but would also do more work here soon.

"I am a big fan of Shah Rukh. I am very familiar with Shah Rukh's work. I am meeting Kareena (Kapoor) for the first time today," Akon told reporters in a press conference here Tuesday. He is not only singing but also composing song for Ra.1.

"I am also composing. You know, I will give him (Shah Rukh) a couple of versions of the song, the way I do it. And I will also integrate it with the traditional way the Bollywood films are done. I will give them options and they will decide, which one to use in the film," saidAkon. Produced by Red Chilies Entertainment", Ra.1 will see Shah Rukh playing a superhero.

Asked if he is planning to do more work with Indian music directors, he said: "You will see me doing more things in India soon." The singer insists he finds African entertainment culture quite similar to what he sees in India.

"You know the tradition in Africa is not different from India. There is same type of entertainment going on, the difference is only in language. I always wanted to expand my horizon, explore and enjoy," saidAkon who will soon go on a world tour. He is looking forward to performances in India as well.

"The world tour is coming soon and India is one of my biggest market so I will do number of shows here," said Akon. The singer dedicated two lines from his song "Beautiful" to actress Kareena Kapoor, who was present at the event. She plays female lead in Ra.1.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I'm a big fan of Shah Rukh - Akon"

Post a Comment