Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beauty Queen Lara Dutta wants To Reinvent Herself Constantly

From a beauty queen to a promising star in showbiz, Lara Dutta has come up a long way and she owes her success in films to the 'mantra' of reinventing constantly. The 32-year-old beauty, who is in seventh year of her professional career has essayed a variety of roles and is positive about playing a long innings.

Beauty Queen Lara Dutta wants To Reinvent Herself Constantly

"It's as simple as that; I don't want to just sit down and say that I have been a model in the past and a Miss Universe with some good Bollywood hits behind me so I should just sit back and bask in that glory. Sorry, there is no point in doing that. I have been enjoying a certain standing right throughout my career and I am not going to let anyone down", said Lara who was last seen in comic-caper Housefull.

Lara says that she is one of the few leading ladies who have managed to carry off the skimpiest of outfits without even bordering upon vulgarity. "Thankfully I can never come across as someone who is cheap. I want my audience to react positively to me and thankfully, so far the reactions have been heart-warming enough to make me feel good that I am doing things right", she said.

"For me, reinvention is the name of the game. It has always been the case. For my role in 'Blue', I had to be fit and be in perfect shape since the role required good deal of underwater sequences. Now that's not something that you normally see a girl to be doing. Then again in Housefull, I had to be totally glam even though I played the role of a wife.

All these films have helped a great deal for me personally," Lara added. However, despite all the accolades coming her way, Lara has very few roles in her kitty for the coming year. "Well, all I can say is that you make the best of the choices that come your way. When I look back, it has been a good innings so far.

Whether it is the films that you mention or even Billu which came last year, they all have been very special to me in my career. Lara will next be seen in filmmaker Sudhir Mishra's Aur Devdas and Farhan Akhtar's Don 2 - The Chase Continues.

"Perhaps a few films may not have done well but as an actor they took me forward. These films gave me a chance to be seen in performance oriented roles," she said. "I would rather work in a film where I add value. I am not going anywhere in a hurry. Moreover, with the kind of appreciation that I have received, I am sure that good roles will of course come," Lara added.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Beauty Queen Lara Dutta wants To Reinvent Herself Constantly"

Post a Comment