Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kangna Ranaut: Paoli

Kangna Ranaut: PaoliIs Paoli essaying the role of Kangna Ranaut in Bappaditya Bandopadhyay's next film? Recently, TOI had reported how Kangna was stalked by an obsessed fan, Akash Bhardwaj. Bhardwaj used to send love letters to her. But later on, he crossed all limits and was arrested by the police.

Says Paoli, "There is a common thread between what my character goes through and that of Kangna's incident. But I don't need to imitate Kangna. Such incidents of fan obsessions are very common in our lives," says Paoli.

Remember the incident of Kangna Ranaut being stalked by an obsessed fan (Akash Bhardwaj) who used to frequent her gym? TOI had broken the story of how this incident bears striking similarity to one of the four stories from Bappaditya Bandopadhyay's next film. While the director has begun the test shoot for his film, he has also finalized Paoli to play the character who goes through a similar situation as Kangna does in real life. As for the obsessed fan, Bandopadhyay has cast Rahul in that role.

Speaking about the casting, Bappaditya says, "While I'm doing the test shoot now, I shall begin the actual shooting for the film on October 20. I have plans of recreating a situation that's inspired by Kangna's real life incident."

On hearing about this film from TOI, Kangna's spokesperson, Gitika Taraporewala, says, "This is the first time I'm hearing about a movie being made on this subject. I'm sure this is a coincidence. Dealing with such obsessed fans is quite a common affair among celebrities. When Kangna was shooting for " Manu Weds Tanu", there was a fan who would send kites everyday with his name and number written on them!"

So, what would the reactions be if the Tollywood actor decides to get inspired by Kangna's looks and mannerisms while doing the film? "I think that's too futuristic a thought to comment upon right now," she says.

As for Bappaditya, the director says, "I don't think I need to speak to Kangna at all to film this portion."

Rahul, who'll play the obsessed fan in Bappaditya's next, says, "I had found Bappada's script very interesting. Then, I read about Kangna's incident in TOI. It seemed pretty bizarre since there were too many similarities between Bappada's story and Kangna's incident. But come to think of it, every celebrity has to face the music as far as obsessed fans are concerned. I too have had my experiences.

There was a girl who used to regularly call me up at 2 am and expect me to be friends with her! We have to deal with such obsession on a pretty regular basis." As a matter of fact, before Rahul joined this industry, he was an obsessed fan of SRK. "But, I never did anything bizzare.

When Kajol got married, a friend of mine stopped having meals for three days. I think, every individual creates an illusion of a world to make his dreams come true. In case of a journalist, it could be the next big story. In case of this obsessed fan of Kangna, it was a relationship-oriented illusion. It will certainly be very interesting for me to portray such a fan's illusions on the big screen," adds Rahul, who is happy with the response to his recently-released, "Pratidwandi", and is also eagerly awaiting the release of Bappaditya's "Kagojer Bou".

While on Bappaditya's films and the National Awards all set to be announced soon, one wonders if the director is feeling tense? "Why should I? My films always lose. Personally, I have no expectations," he signs off.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Kangna Ranaut: Paoli"

Post a Comment