Monday, June 25, 2012

I literally donated sperm: Ayushmann

I literally donated sperm: Ayushmann
Ayushmann Khurrana, in the spotlight for his role as a sperm donor in the film ‘Vicky Donor’, said he was lucky to have been able to make a transition from the small screen to the big screen. 


Basking in his post Vicky Donor success, the actor was in Kolkata as a showstopper in a fashion show of ace designer Jaya Misra. 

“Vicky Donor is a huge lead. I am lucky that I could make this transition with great success from small screen to big screen and that too in just my first film. Not all can make this transition in such a short time. I am lot busier now,” he told in an interview.

“My agenda as of now is to stick with the big screen. I want to explore in the field of cinema. However that does not mean I will not be seen in television. I have become more selective for Television,” he said. 

Talking about his upcoming projects, he said: “I have got a proposal from director Rohan Sippy for the sequel of the film, ‘Tere Bin Laden’, though I have not yet signed for the film. Also there is another film with Shoojit Sircar titled ‘Hamara Bajaj’. Also I would be singing in one of my next films.”


Giving light to his personal life he said, “At school I was known for my dancing skills, though I am not a very good dancer. I do have a sense of rhythm. At college I used to write and compose songs. My passion was theatre, and I also had two theatre groups Aaghaaz and Manchtantra. However when I was put between two option of anchoring and theatre, I chose anchoring.” 


He said, “You have to choose wisely about your life. These decisions cannot be taken randomly. I waited four years before I signed for ‘Vicky Donor’."

Commenting on his debut film, he said, “I literally donated my sperm and then the feeling was same as that of in the film. Obviously if I see that I am the biological father of some kids, I would react same way as my reaction in the film. Some feelings cannot be expressed in words.” 

He said, “An entertaining film is something that will definitely have some fiction and some non-fictitious elements in it. For example a sperm donor cannot earn so much money as depicted in the movie. Though there is true life incidents were childless couples were ready to pay Rs 50,000 for the sperm of an IIT student.”

When asked whether he feels insecure about the upcoming debutants in the industry, he said, “It all in your head. Fame is transitory, will not last forever. You must perform and give your 100 per cent, that’s what matters at the end of the day.” 


He said, “I don’t have an agenda of giving messages through films. I am an actor and I would like to explore every genre of the field.” 


Talking about Kolkata he said, “The people of Kolkata, Chandigarh and Goa have a much laid back attitude. I, hailing from Chandigarh am also a cool and easy going person. I like it here. “

Ayushmann said on his fashion debut in the eastern city, “Technically this is the first time I will be walking on the ramp. I was never like a fashion police being very conscious about my looks and dress." 

"But after ‘Vicky Donor’, now I think I will take dressing up a little seriously. I never thought or desired to walk on a ramp. I am grateful to Ms Jaya to give me this opportunity.”

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I literally donated sperm: Ayushmann"

Post a Comment