Saturday, June 30, 2012

Neha is rain-ready


Neha is rain-ready
Actress never really has had a problem on what to wear during the worst of monsoons

While most Mumbaikars struggle with deciding what to wear on the streets during the worst of the monsoons, Bollywood actress Neha Sharma never really has had a problem

After all, the fashionista has been a design student at NIFT, Delhi and she tells us her rules for dressing up for the rains.

On a rainy day
Rain fashion to me is dressing simple. Rains also mean a lot of fun, so I go for vibrant colours and fun silhouettes. I could wear a bubble dress in the rains and feel cool about it. I feel more comfortable in shorts. But the rains do inspire me to wear a pretty dress; a floral one in green or pink that goes with the mood.

Colour is the key
Mumbai is a bit humid and hot and so I go for clothes in cotton and chiffon. I have seen women wearing white kurtas and black inners and when it rains the blacks just pop out. That’s a disaster! Heels too are a no- no.

Wind in my hair
I like to keep it easy. Instead of tying my hair up, I want to feel the wind and the rain on my open hair. I like to wear funky colours on my nails, which I like to keep trimmed. And no dramatic make-up, obviously. And of course, the mascara has to be waterproof or else it runs down all over the face.

Bold and bright
I like vibrant colours for my umbrellas. Bright colours always remind me of the monsoons. But I am not much into raincoats. However, the bright yellow raincoats that people wear have always fascinated me. They add colour to the otherwise depressing mood while it’s pouring cats and dogs.

Bag-it!
I would go for plastic handbags instead of leather ones. All my belongings including my wallet and my phone stay safe.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Neha is rain-ready"

Post a Comment