Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I'm not a Dutt, I am a Hussain'

I`m not a Dutt, I am a Hussain`
Sanjay Dutt's niece Nazia Hussain on familial ties and why she is not ready to do an item number yet


Sanjay Dutt may not want the women from his family to ever enter Bollywood. But Nazia Hussain, his niece is already taking baby steps towards establishing herself as an actress in the industry.

And so the most obvious question that comes her way is, does it help being Sanjay Dutt’s niece? Quick comes the reply, “Sanju chachu is someone whom I have grown up watching on screen.

It is true that we both come from the same background. But my relation with him doesn’t really help as I am trying to make my mark in Bollywood on my own. My grandfather Akhtar Hussain too made films.” Coming from a filmi background, one could expect Nazia to be at the receiving end of some well-worded advice from her uncle.


The young actress laughs and says, “No, he is a very busy man. I have always been very shy around him. I would be petrified if he saw my film. When he joined the industry, his dad was a big name but he struggled to become successful. I too want to grow by myself. I too have travelled on local trains and autos to give my auditions.”


So is there pressure on her to deliver?

“Firstly, I am a Hussain and not a Dutt! If I had been a Dutt, there would have been more pressure on me. But I do need to live up to my family’s name and do some good work. It does make a few heads turn when people come to know that I am Sanjay Dutt’s niece. But I have to struggle and carve a niche for myself.”

And that means no item numbers. Nazia says she is not ready for that kind of quick fame yet. She asserts, “No! I don’t want to do item numbers. May be later once I am settled.”

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I'm not a Dutt, I am a Hussain'"

Post a Comment