Monday, January 31, 2011

Mallika Sherawat wins profanity case

Mallika Sherawat has won a case against her for an "obscene" dance performance at a five-star hotel. The actress was sued by Indian morality campaigner Vinod Jain for the dance, which was broadcast live on television in 2006.

Mallika Sherawat wins profanity case

Speaking to the Mumbai Mirror, Jain said that he would carry on fighting the case. He commented: "I don’t see this as the end of the road. I agree that Mallika has been discharged legally but I will go to the high court.

"I had given all the evidence via a CD. Let’s see what happens in the high court after I appeal.”In 2008, the Pakistani Film Authority tried to remove scenes from the film Welcome featuring Sherawat because they were too graphic.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Mallika Sherawat wins profanity case"

Post a Comment