Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shun corruption, Shah Rukh Khan tells youth

Shun adulteration, Shah Rukh Khan tells adolescentBollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan Wednesday urged the youth to stay away from corruption and make India a better place by being honest citizens. 'The negative has to change. There is so much corruption around and the future can be bettered by young boys and girls only, so that the generations to come can be proud of the country,' Shah Rukh said while addressing students of the Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM) here.

'It is my earnest plea - do not indulge in scams or corruption. Everyday there are new scams in newspapers and TV. So I request the young generation to do things that do not leave the new generations embarrassed. Just make the best of opportunities and I wish all of you all the best,' he added.

Shah Rukh, who had hundreds of students waiting to catch a glimpse of him, had other words of wisdom to share before hosting IIPM's annual international business and marketing quiz DARE 2011.

'A lot of people ask me what advice I have to give to them. But I'll tell you honestly. I was at an award function with Mr. Bachchan once and before going to the stage, I asked him - 'Sir, do you have any advice to give?' He said- 'Before going to the stage, just check if your zip is up or not.

'So I did that before my performance! And that's all I have to advise you youngsters - make sure all your zippers are intact when you do anything in life, and all shall be well,' said the actor.

The 45-year-old also repeated his dialogue from 'Om Shanti Om', and said: 'Agar end mein sab kuch theek na ho, to woh the end nahi hain dosto...Picture abhi baaki hai... (If something does not end well, that's not the end, friends...the picture is still pending)'.

His nearly three-hour delay left the students and media drained, but Shah Rukh's grand entry in a blue Bentley lifted everyone's spirits in no time. Sporting his deadly, new look for 'Don - The Chase Continues' - complete with long, unkempt hair and a beard, the actor left the girls asking for more. The audience at the Parkland Exotica were enthralled as Shah Rukh hosted the quiz show in his trademark, witty style.

He joked, laughed, pulled the contestants' legs and even took a dig at IIPM dean Arindam Chaudhary's long locks. 'I am sporting long hair for my new film...but I should really learn how to keep them shampooed and straight like Arindam's hair...,' he quipped.

His witty and naughty one liners didn't spare some international students too. When one young girl from the US said she loved Indian saris, Shah Rukh commented: 'Oh well...I am quite good at untying saris!'
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Shun corruption, Shah Rukh Khan tells youth"

Post a Comment