Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sonu Nigam will judge new ‘X-Factor’

Sonu Nigam will judge new ‘X-Factor’Singer-composer Sonu Niigaam, who will be judging a show after six years, says he agreed to be part of Sony’s music reality show “X-Factor” because he feels the concept is beyond the mediocracy of other such shows.

“It would be very, very big, dynamic and a very well thought show. For example, we have love stories in Bollywood for 60-70 years, but we still love to see a love story which is written differently. We discard love stories that are made half-heartedly. “This show is beyond the mediocracy of (other) talent shows. India definitely needs a show that is as great as grand as ‘X-Factor’,” Sonu told at the launch of the show on Wednesday.

“I am part of this show because it is as truthful as I believe I am, as rebellious as I feel I am, as contagious as I feel I am. I am pretty glad to be part of this show,” he added. Sonu, who hosted music reality “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa” in 1995, stayed away from judging reality shows after he judged the second season of singing talent show “Indian Idol” in 2006.

“X-Factor” is a talent show franchise that originated in Britain and has now come to India. Unlike other talent shows, “X-Factor” will not have any upper age limit for the contestants. “You will get to see a huge variety of singers of all age starting from 16-year-olds to whatever,” said Sonu.

With the band culture being in vogue, “X-Factor” will have a group singers segment along with traditional solo and duet singing sections. Asked about his criteria while judging the contestants, he said: “X-factors are like X-rays. You can’t see them, you will have to feel from heart. You will know it. If anyone could explain X-factor then it would have been an available commodity. Let’s not go with any pre-conceived notions.”

What is Sonu’s X-factor?
“As a person, I am absolutely true to myself, absolutely original. I don’t see myself like anyone else in the world. I have lot of inspirations in my life – from (Mohammad) Rafi saab to Michael Jackson to Lataji (Lata Mangeshkar) to Ashaji (Asha Bhosle). As a human being, I adore a lot of people, but I don’t follow anyone and that is what I believe is my X-factor.” To be hosted by Aditya Narayan, the show will have two more judges but their names have not yet been revealed.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Sonu Nigam will judge new ‘X-Factor’"

Post a Comment